The building complex of Weinhaus Uhle is located on a plot of land between Schusterstrase and Erste Enge Strasse, not far from the Palace. As early as 1751, Duke Christian Ludwig II appointed the Uhle wine house as a court supplier.
Construction and built form
The building at 1 Enge Strasse was constructed as a three-storey, stuccoed building of solid construction built on an oblong plan. The rounded corner on the ground floor and the first floor opens the building to the street and connects to both streets. The structure of the floor plan is largely original, as is much of the interior decoration.