The Grand Ducal Household Building in Schlossstrasse 5 was inspired by buildings of the French Renaissance and accommodated the household administration and the Office of the Major-Domo.
The Grand Ducal Estate Office was built by Rudolf Zöllner from 1883 to 1884 as a two-storey masonry building. Zöllner was responsible for supervising the construction of the New Town Manor desigend by Willebrand und Demmler. The building with the L-shaped layout was built on the foundations of a previous building from 1775, which had once housed the office of the Lord Steward of the Household. Zöllner's model for the building, erected with the eaves facing Schlossstrasse, was the Neo-Renaissance New Town Manor. He adopted features such as the rusticated plinth and the steep mansard roof with the dormers.
The basic layout of the building is original. Minor alterations were carried out in the form of light partitions. Today, it is a ministry seat of the state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania.