Until 1911 the ground floor of this building housed the Grand Ducal Stables for Sick Horses, while the upper storey was residential. In 1911 the architect Emil Liss also created apartments on the ground floor.
Contruction and built form
The Grand Ducal Veterinary Stables were erected as a three-storey building in solid construction. The top floors contained flats from the beginning and the plain building remained in Grand Ducal ownership after 1918. Like many buildings of this period, the ground floor is rusticated and separated from the upper floor by a continuous wall-cornice. On the eaves side, a Gothicised arched frieze completes the facades.